Vegan Pastries : Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes

Chocolate/Xtra Special Cake Cotton Candy
Frosting 
a·fi·ci·o·na·do
əˌfiSHəˈnädō,əˌfisyəˈnädō/
noun
  1. a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime.
    "aficionados of the finest wines"
I'm an aficionado...in simplistic taste! I know there is an easier way to do everything, but sometimes we enjoy complications.
Vegan cuisine to me is a simple, natural way of enjoying food, but somewhere on the path to simplicity things get complex. Like what should I use for the dairy required in a recipe...coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, or hemp milk...oh my, so many choices! All these things are good but sweets shouldn't  be complicated with a long list of synthetic gums and syrups.

Fueling our bodies is the main objective to eating...but nowhere is it written or should it ever be written, that we can't enjoy what we eat. With moderation as the guiding rule. We can have most things. That said I have made the most delightful and simple vanilla and chocolate cup cakes! I can't wait for everyone to try them. Here at Chocolate Mondays working on new flavors it a labor of love and we mean to make the best combinations pleasing to nearly every palate.

I don't know if I've said it before but my chocolate cake has no dairy at all...that's what makes Xtra Special Cake...SPECIAL ;) Below is the extra special cake we got a little carried away with the chocolate crushed modeling clay. Then we realized it had milk culture...so that item is out while we search for an alternative that taste just as lovely and chocolate...or close!

I'm so thankful for blogger like The Post Punk Kitchen like on the subject of Vegan and dairy free desserts. So helpful with my experiments. I'm having a great time! My motivation is so everyone can enjoy a treat if they like!  Below are my samples and I'love post on Facebook and Twitter when I have extra tweet, mess.

Vanilla with Strawberry
Hearts and The Chocolate Xtra Special


Vanilla mmmm! Really Good with
Pomegranate Glaze 











Comments

Popular Posts